Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday in the Word - Psalm 6:2-3


Have mercy on my, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord for my bones are in agony.  My soul is in deep anguish.  How long, LORD, how long?
Psalm 6:2-3

When I was about 14 years old I was diagnosed with severe (and I do mean severe) TMJ.  My jaw had grown completely wrong.  The upper jaw was 1/4 inch too long and my bottom jaw was set almost crooked.  It took 3 years worth of prep to have a major, life changing, surgery.  I had to get braces and endure multiple minor surgeries along the way.  When I was 17 {just a couple of days after my 17th birthday} I had the surgery.  An upper and lower jaw osteotomy.  It was as painful as it sounds.  

Fast forward 12 years.
I can bite through luncheon meat!  YAY!!  I can also bite through thin crust pizza and chew my food completely!  YAY!  But I also have arthur in my entire face.  Some days the pain is bearable.  Other days - like today - the pain is at its worst.  My face is swollen and is throbbing with pain.  
While I was reading through the Bible this morning I came across this verse and it clearly spoke to me.  I am very aware that I am blessed without a doubt.  My life is not in jeopardy due to these minor health issues, but it doesn't always make me feel better.  So please pray for me today.  That I uninvited myself from this pity party I am throwing and move forward!



I am joining in over at Sams Noggin for Wednesday in the Word.  Join me!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment