Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sight Word Review with Flash Cards

I have been trying to think of a fun way to review S's sight words and keep them in order.  After a trip to the Dollar Tree (don't get me started on how much I love this place!) I was inspired.  I found one of those small coupon binders and brought it home and got started.  We are using the Trend Level A Sight Words Pocket Flash Cards.  I found them at Office Max and I know Hobby Lobby offers them as well.

I first labeled each of the tabs in the binder:

  • Review - The words she cannot read at all.
  • Can Read - Words she can read but doesn't know on sight.
  • Knows On Sight - Words that she knows without a doubt.
  • NEW! - Words that we have yet to go over.

Over look my sloppy handwriting.  I was in a hurry!

Then I stuck a label on the front of it.  



And we got started!

So far her "Knows on Sight" is the largest of all.  Once we have all of them (they are 2 sided) in the "Knows by Sight" section we will get the Level 2 words and a new folder to use those in.  I think this is a fun and easy way to keep us on task with her sight words and on her reading.  

What fun things do you do to keep you on task and motivated?


No comments:

Post a Comment