Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Kool Aid Playdough

It is a rainy nasty day out.  So I decided the kids and I would make some playdough.  BUT not your normal playdough.  No, not in our house!  ;)  Today we made Kool Aid Playdough.  I found this recipe online and wrote it down quickly.  It is good that I did because the power went out minutes after and now I cannot fiind the recipe anywhere.  The playdough turned out great.  I want to share with you how we made it.  I hate that I cannot credit the original source, though.

Kool Aid Playdough


1 1/4 C. All Purpose Flour
1/4 C. Salt
1 Pkg any flavor Kool Aid
1 Tbs. Cream of Tartar
1 C. Boiling Water

Mix first 4 ingredients in bowl with fork.  Stir in boiling water.  Mix until it forms a ball.  Kneed with hands until pliable. 

**We had to add a bit of extra flour to ours after we kneaded it so it was easier to work with.  All in all it was a great recipe.  It makes a lot.  I let each child stir the dry ingredients and then I poured in the water and let them stir away.  I did the first few minutes of kneading and then it was cool enough for them to take over.  They played with this for about an hour!  I love projects like that.**


No comments:

Post a Comment