Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Reading Eggs

I wrote last week that we were changing up the way we do school around here and that I had purchased something new for S for reading.  She was struggling with some words and blends that I *thought* we had covered.  She was very unhappy with the way we were doing reading and asked me to purchase Reading Eggs for her.  We had a trial version of it last year and it was a hit.  So the hubby and I discussed and decided that it would be a good purchase for her.  I contacted the company and they extended a discount to me!  I was able to get it for 25% off (then noticed it was 50% off on Zulily a week later! ha!).


Reading Eggs is an online reading curriculum.  It offers one-on-one lessons that allow children to progress at their own pace.  It was developed by teachers and focuses on core concepts including phonics and sight words.  It even helps with spelling and some grammar.  As of now there are 120 lessons in Reading Eggs and it is growing!

Reading Eggs offers a FREE 14 Day trial.  You may then purchase your subscription or cancel.  I think it is wise to take advantage of that offer before plunging into this purchase.  Make sure your child will enjoy working on the computer each day.


S and I talked about how she wanted to start the program and we both decided to retest her in.  She didn't test in as well as I had hoped but it was where I had figured she would be *sigh*.  She has not looked back!  Not once!!  Each day she completes a new lesson and is excited to see what is inside of the "egg" that she is working to hatch in that lesson.  The other day it was a horse.  I am sure you can imagine the level of excitement!!!

This is not all that she does for reading each day but it is the bulk of the learning that she does.  We also do read alouds and she has unit study work that includes reading, vocabulary, etc...  I think her reading is improving each day.


I am in no way shape or form affiliated with Reading Eggs.  This review was just for inquiring minds.  I was not compensated or asked to do this review.  I just find this program to be beneficial to my family and wanted to share it with YOU!







No comments:

Post a Comment