Thursday, August 2, 2012

Changing History

Ok, so maybe not the History of the world or anything, but I AM changing our History curriculum for the year.  I had purchased History For Little Pilgrims a few months back and thought it would be great for us.  That was until I opened the book and started looking at it.  It is very dry and well, it doesn't look fun.  When I am teaching my 2 it has to be fun or they check out and act up.  I decided to look for something more hands-on.  I started where I always start, CurrClick.  I found a few "Tennessee" themed things but nothing seemed to really stand out to me.  Then I decided to revisit some of my files.  I found it, right there in my hard drive!  Learning Across the USA - by Toddler Bites Publishing.  I think it was a freebie some time ago that I picked up in hopes of using.  What great timing.  It is simple - a must have with my 2, it is hands on, and it is VERY user friendly.  Basically you print off a notebooking sheet for each state.  Your children fill it in with the info provided and some fun cut outs.  They draw in the flag, color the state on the map and measure the distance from their state to the state being learned.  I decided that it would be best for us to do this only 2 days a week.  We will cover 1 state per day.  I have only printed the first 10 states for now so I can evaluate and see if this is going to fit for us but I have a feeling it will be perfect!  I look forward to updating you about this soon!!!

In Him,

No comments:

Post a Comment