Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Proverbs 31:25 Wednesday in the Word

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25"
OH to be "that woman".  The woman who is "clothed in strength".  I bet that she is ready to take on most any task set in front of her.  I picture her wearing armor and being ready for any battle to come.  She is "clothed in dignity".  I am guessing she doesn't allow what others to think of her get in the way of what she thinks of herself.  She is probably able to go from morning meetings to evening dates with very little worry.  "She can laugh at the days to come".  Yep, right there, that is it!  She knows that  no matter what is in front of her, she can tackle it.  She knows that it will never be too much or too hard for her.  She is able to laugh at the days ahead.  I imagine her worry is slim to none and she carries her head high.

Sadly, I am not "that woman".  I find myself feeling defeated and depressed more often then not.  Don't believe me?  Come check my sink!  I often go around in my sweats and a tshirt and my hubby thinks I have dressed up if I am wearing jeans!  NO LIE!  And don't get me started on the whole "laughing at the days to come" part.  I have been known to sit and cry about finances, food and other things that are out of my control more than once.  So, what can I do about it?  I am making a plan! (You know me and my plans!)

  1. Pray! - I am sure that is the top of everyone's list, right?  But I am going to be more intentional in my prayers.  I am going to start praying as much for myself as I do for others.  After all God wants to know MY heart and I cannot keep these worries from Him.
  2. Be Real! - I am sharing this here so that I can be real with you.  So that my heart is exposed and that the healing can truly begin.
  3. Prioritize - I am no good at time management.  In fact more often then not I am squandering away my time on things like Facebook and Pinterest.  (Can I get an AMEN?!)  I need to start working on things in my life that matter.  Not that some things on Facebook and Pinterest don't matter but they should really matter less.
  4. LAUGH MORE!!! - So I may  not be ready to laugh at the days to come, but I can find more reasons to laugh.  My children, for example, are great sources of humor.  I need to start filling up my heart with joy and laughter and I think my load will lighten.
That is it!  That is my game plan.  I will be "that woman" or at least I have my sights set on her.  God will guide me back.  He will lead me.  I just have to be ready and keep on moving forward.



I am linking up with Wednesday in the Word over on Sams Noggin.  Join me?



2 comments:

  1. This is right in line with my post going live tomorrow. I just read that verse before coming to your site! You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete