Monday, October 22, 2012

Week 10

Seriously, can someone please fill me in on where the time is going?  I cannot believe how quickly it is passing by.  Here we are almost at the end of October, finishing week 10 of school and getting ready for the holiday season.  WOW!  I love fall.  {ok, I love each season!} I love the smells, the colors, the air outside.  Everything changes and looks new.  We do not do the usual pumpkin patches and that kind of thing.  Not sure why.  I think that we just never think to go. Instead we head to a local theme park that has several festivals all year long and they have a great one in the fall that we love.  We went this past weekend...

We finished up AAS Level 1!  WAHOO!!!


We have also finished up the first section of math {addition} and will be moving forward with subtraction this week.  In reality S is very good at both addition and subtraction but the math program we use teacher her how to do it forward, backwards and sideways.  It really drills it in and keep her learning how to solve the problem no matter how it is given.

N is continuing with the same things as usual.  He isn't showing too much interest in school at the moment though, which is fine with me.  He is learning his letter shapes and sounds and he is learning to count beyond 20.  I am not pushing him.  I want him to develop a love for learning without it being thrust upon him.  Since he isn't really enrolled in K this year we are going slow and steady.  He will get it!

I am looking forward to the next several weeks and then a nice long Christmas and New Years break.  It won't be long from now folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment