Wednesday, January 2, 2013

This is the plan, Stan!

In case you are unaware it is 2013!  It is the beginning of a new year.  A new chapter in my book is ready to be written and boy am I ever glad that it is.  You see, last year was not a great year for me.  I suffered through a serious season of depression through most of the fall.  Depression is no stranger to me.  I have battled through it on and off most of my life.  I try to make it no secret that I suffer with depression.  I know some who do.  The reason I put it out there is because I feel that there is no shame in depression.  It is a real, raw emotion that, I am guessing, most mothers live through at one stage of their life or another.  It is hard.  It is sometimes all you can do to stand to be around yourself.  I know there are days when I feel like the worlds worst mother, wife, friend, daughter, sister, etc...  I am making plans.  BIG plans for 2013.  I have been a lot of soul searching.  I have been doing a lot of praying.  The Lord has opened my eyes to some areas of my life that need changing.  The biggest one being the clutter in my life.  I am not just talking the paper that is taking up residence on every horizontal surface of my home, I am talking about the emotional clutter that is taking up residence in my heart and mind.  It is keeping me from being me.  I like me!  I haven't been that "me" that I like in a long time though.  I think she ran away and hid during this dark time.  Hey, who blames her?!  So I declare 2013 - Cut the Clutter - for me and my home and my family!  This is not a resolution.  This is a life change.  This is the plan to finding "me" again.  The me that I know and love and miss.

What are your plans for 2013?


No comments:

Post a Comment