Monday, January 7, 2013

Reading Inspiration

S is not a huge fan of reading.  She is getting very good at it she just doesn't want to practice.  I have been looking for things to do to help her get more into it.  The past few weeks she has been really into tea parties. That gave me an idea!  She has a reader called Howies Tea Party.  This is what I did...


I added a note to the front cover telling her that if she finishes the book she and I will have a tea party together!

We do not start back with school until tomorrow but I am sure this will have the desired effect.  

I also bought some fun stickers to add to the back of each of the books she finishes reading.  I found them in the $1 bin at the Dollar Store.


I would love to hear if you have any other creative ideas.  We have tried reading logs and rewards.  So far they haven't really helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment