Wednesday, January 16, 2013

When It Rains It Pours

And my bedroom floods.

Have you been watching the news?  The weather?  Then you have probably heard about the crazy wet weather that TN is having.  Part of the state is covered in snow and ice and the rest of us are under water.  So far in the last 14 hours my wonderful hubby has vacuumed up over 70 gallons of water.  {He is a great man, I love him!}  His constant vacuuming has kept the water from rising - literally!  So far we have had minor damage.  Just a couple loads of wet clothes + one bag of wet clothes that ended up needing to be trashed.  Some wet odds and ends and we are hoping that the rest will dry out.  I know that it will take time and a lot of effort but I know that it is not more than we can handle.  I am resting in His arms and taking heart in the fact that God is with me even when I feel so helpless.

How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear that the flood waters are receding and that damage is minimal! We are currently watching the snow fall ... already over 4 inches, which is quite the big deal for this Southern town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It snowed here today. It was raining all morning long and then suddenly we had 4 inches of snow. I pray that traveling is safe for your family. The roads here have been very iffy.

      Delete