Monday, February 4, 2013

Wishing on Willows

Did I tell you guys that I am taking part in a book launch? I have never really participated in anything like this before and I am very excited to be part of it.  The book I am helping launch is called Wishing on Willows by Kate Ganshert.  She is also the author of Wildflowers from Winter.  Both books are Christian fiction.  I had hoped to be further along in the book than I am but since I took up crochet I have been devoting a lot of my spare time to that. That is NO indication of how I feel about this book.  So far this book has been very captivating.  Here is a bit about the book...
"A three-year old son, a struggling café, and fading memories are all Robin Price has left of her late husband. As the proud owner of Willow Tree Café in small town Peaks, Iowa,  she pours her heart into every muffin she bakes and espresso she pulls, thankful for the sense of purpose and community the work provides.
                                      
So when developer Ian McKay shows up in Peaks with plans to build condos where her café and a vital town ministry are located, she isn’t about to let go without a fight.
 
As stubborn as he is handsome, Ian won’t give up easily. His family’s business depends on his success in Peaks. But as Ian pushes to seal the deal, he wonders if he has met his match. Robin’s gracious spirit threatens to undo his resolve, especially when he discovers the beautiful widow harbors a grief that resonates with his own.
 
With polarized opinions forming all over town, business becomes unavoidably personal and Robin and Ian must decide whether to cling to the familiar or surrender their plans to the God of Second Chances."    ~Wishing on Willows
Doesn't that sound like a great read?!  Want to read a sneak peak of part of the book?  Well you can do that HERE.  

Here is the info about publication:
Release date: March, 19th 2013
Publisher: Waterbrook Press
ISBN-10: 0307730409 
ISBN-13: 978-0307730404

Do you want to pre-order?  You can and you should.  Everyone who places a pre-orders gets a FREE copy of the devotional that goes along with this book.  Find out more HERE.  (Offer only good through March 18, 2013)

I hope to have completed the book by the end of the week.  My hands are aching so I have to take a break from my crocheting projects anyway.  ;)  As soon as I complete the book I will have up a complete review so you can hear my final thoughts on this book.

If you want to know more about this book or about Kate Ganshert please go HERE to her website.  You can also follower her on Facebook HERE.

DISCLAIMER- I was sent an advanced copy of the book Wishing on Willows to review and help launch. No favorable review was required.  Each opinion expressed is my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment