Friday, June 1, 2012

Books at Bedtime

My children love books.  They love to be read to.  So I am very surprised that the thought to use audio books had never occurred to me before.  The idea came from a blog post by Our Busy Homeschool a few months back.  I got to looking online for books that are free and easy to use.  I discovered a great website!  Great, I tell you!  Books Should Be Free - no, really, that is the name of the website, and I couldn't agree more.  Books should be free!  The kids are currently listening to Black Beauty.  The kids are genuinely loving this book.  The woman who reads it has a wonderful accent and a soothing voice.  Generally they are out after about 1 1/2 chapters.  I haven't decided what book(s) we will do next.  I will have to go through all of them and see what will be best for their ages.

Do you enjoy audio books?  Are there other sites you can recommend?  What are some good books you have read/listened to?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment