Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Proverbs 31

I have been doing a bible study by Women Living Well in conjunction with Good Morning Girls about the Proverbs 31 Woman.  I am really enjoying this study.  I am learning so much about myself.  We are on week 5.  So far I have learned that the Proverbs 31 Woman is frugal.  She works eagerly.  She considers all of her purchases.  She goes to bed after all of her work is done and gets up while it is still dark outside.  This woman is amazing.  This woman is everything I long to be as a wife and mother.  She is so strong and loves her family before herself.  I am not sure that I could ever come close to being that woman.    I LOVE sleeping in.  I am often an impulse shopper.  Now, don't get me wrong.  It isn't on big purchases.  Normally it is $5 here and $10 there but that adds up quickly.  I wonder what I could do with that money from those purchases that would benefit my family.  Am I spending my time in ways that would benefit my family.  Time is just as precious as money.  If I don't spend my time well then what will suffer?  I am trying to make some changes in my life.  Big changes.  My personal goal is to go to bed with my husband and wake up with him.  I think that is a great use of my time!  I have stopped taking new clients in my design business so that I am free more during the day to be with my kids.  Another great use of my time!  When I wake up early I get an earlier start to my day.  I can spend more time getting laundry done and the house cleaned.  Another great use of my time!  When I am working I am trying to work eagerly.  I try to work with joy in my heart. I am trying to see the silver lining.  I am trying to pray with thanksgiving for each mundane task.  When I was dishes I try to remember that the dishes are dirty because I had food to feed my family.  When clothes are dirty I have to keep in mind that we had clean clothes to wear.  There are so many people that have none of those things.  I am blessed.  It is up to me to decide how I want to use that blessing.  How do you chose to be a Proverbs 31 Woman?

Follow Him,

No comments:

Post a Comment